Monday, August 18, 2008

My life as an offering?

Wow, is it really possible? I have been doing a bible study by Angela Thomas called "A beautiful offering", it has been a wonderful experience. Each week we separate into small groups with a different group of women. These women are all different ages, with different backgrounds, and stories of blessings by God. Where have these women been all my life? Isn't it crazy? These amazing ladies with decades of faith and I don't even know them...As a young woman, (depending on who you ask) I need to hear from these women. I need to learn from them. I need to be trained to be "prayer warrior", I need to hear how it worked for them. I need to learn how they were able to be a submissive wife, loving mother, faithful Jesus lover, in this fallen and dark world. I challenge any of you "young women" out there to find a "Spiritual Mother" to mentor you, show you, be an example to you. Find someone who seems to glow with Jesus light, or has that quiet strength that could only come from God, and ask them if they would be willing to do that for you. They may look at you like you are crazy, they may think they have nothing to give or tell, but you will know that they do, and it could be a huge blessing to you both. Now, to any of you "older women", SHARE your stories with us, SHARE what God has taught you with us, SHARE how it is hard and you haven't always had this strong, quiet faith. INVEST in us, we need what you have.

1 comments:

Epic estes adventures said...

I couldn't have said this any better! I agree whole heartedly!